Monday, November 17, 2008

just waiting






Friday I reached the point were having a baby finally felt eminent. My friend who was due three weeks before me had her baby Friday morning and now I am next.
Her family is up north like ours (with the exception of a few wonderful cousins of ours.) So Jorryn got to have her first sleepover with her best friend Ry. We put the mattresses on the floor and the two girls snuggled in (after some time and persuasion.)
I am not planning on being able to function like a normal person during the month of December. So, Johnny and I went on a date Christmas shopping for Jorryn. While we were on our date our wonderful new neighbors with teen girls watched Jorryn. She got to hang out with three 17 year-olds which because of her aunts she already loves to do. They had fun playing dress up with Jorryn and made her a dress out of ribbons and cloth. She watched princess movies with them outside under the stars and had a picnic. She wants us to go on a date all the time now. We sit next to this fun family in church now and for the last three weeks I have heard what the speaker said! I have missed that. Johnny is called to attend the Spanish branch which meets the same time as our ward so it has been just me and Jorryn for a few months now. It is nice to have someone else to help Jorryn be reverent and will be extra nice when the little sis comes.
So, as of last Tuesday my cervix was dilated 1 centimeter. My next appointment is on Thursday. Everyone asks us what we will name her. We still haven't come to a consensus. We like:
Kirsten Lynn
Nicole Lynn
Sadie Lynn (which Amber clams Sadie is ment for her child, I say she will have all boys)
Evelynn
If any one wants to give suggestions or comments we are open. Just please don't ruin any of the names we like by telling us it sounds like a hussies name or something.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Sadie is one of my favorite names ever and I could see it fitting one of your cute kids!

harmonie said...

Evelyn is the name that popped out at me. And I think it sounds good with Jorryn.

You were nice to let the girls sleep next to each other on the floor. I think I would have put them in separate beds, in separate rooms. :)

Holly In A Hurry said...

NO, sadie is mine... and i agree with Harmonie, Evelyn is my favorite. :)

Amber said...

I'm sorry to all! Sadie is MINE! It has been since we discussed it one summer day at the cabin. I remember! It was at that time Summer was agreed to have Kirsti. I remember! So, sorry Holly and Summer, that is how it goes. (That is if I ever have kids at all. Thanks for the all boys curse Summer...)
P.S. Mom says she thinks you should name her after Grandma Hollands: Vio Lynn. Or just Rubylynn. She said she'll keep thinking.
I personally like Kirsti Lynn, but Evelynn is good too.

Unknown said...

Grandma Olsen likes the name Evelyn.
Sadie is next.
Great Uncle Jim likes Evelyn cause if you shorten it, like people tend to do, Eve is pretty, too.